Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Drunken Gamer Journal: Minecraft

Holy shit, I'm writing about a PC game (one of the very few I own, aside from the entire Unreal franchise on PC). (Also, I can't sleep, so I'm writing this now.) Anywho, I recently got into this game....like last week or so. I played solo for a wee bit, but after the 1.8 update came out, I started playing multiplayer on my buddy's server. Over this passed weekend, (Friday, I think), I got a little drunk from Goldschlager and Coke.....it was all I had. Needless to say, since I am posting, some shenanigans occurred. I built a tree hotel earlier in the week....it looks like a giant tree on the outside, multiple floors with beds on the inside, with somewhat of a leafy balcony, some of which leads to a tiny room at the top. My tree hotel was located in a forest.....and I decided to have a campfire....with some Netherrack. For those unfamiliar, it's a block that will burn forever. Well that caused some problems.....namely a forest fire. Smokey the Bear would not have been proud of me. It took 3 of us to put out the blaze with buckets of water (we were using creative mode, so that helped)....and then we had to find all the water sources and delete them again. I spent the remainder of the night rebuilding.....the leaves won't ever look the same. All I wanted was a campfire. Just one campfire.

Minecraft beta 1.8.1 is out now on direct download from http://www.minecraft.net/ , for $21.95. The full version should be out in November for about $25, and an Xbox 360 version is also planned. (Which I also think will be a November release, but don't quote me.) I mean, there probably are ways to get it for free, but I wouldn't. These dudes deserve the money for such an awesome, yet simple game.

Edit: Had the wrong full game price estimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment