Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Budget Gaming: Sim Game Bundles

 The X Series

All the X games are on sale on gamers gate for the next 2 weeks or so. As far as I know these games are all great. I've heard great things about the series as a whole and I've played X3: Terran Conflict and it was amazing.

The X series of games are space sim games. Basically you start out as a lowly starship pilot and you can do a bunch of things to build your name. You can be a trader, a pirate, a policeman, etc. Eventually if you get enough capital you can buy entire stations and fleets. If you've ever played freelancer think of the X series like that only in a much larger scale. The only problem is that with a scale as large as this there is also a steep learning curve. It's worth it if you ask me.

You can buy them each separate or you can buy the X superbox for $20 which is naturally the best deal. Otherwise, if you buy them all separately it will set you back about $25-$30 or so. I recommend getting at least X3: gold for $14.50

X3: Gold - $14.50
Buy on GamersGate
X Superbox - $20
Buy on GamersGate

The Guild

The Guild is a medieval life sim I guess... Truth be told it's more of an economy sim with life elements thrown in. I have played The Guild 2 and its expansion, Renaissance, and I liked them both a lot. There is also the first in the series and the second expansion to The Guild 2 (Venice).

I really liked the game it was really fun. I'm a sucker for economy games to be honest and in The Guild 2 you start as a lowly family name with nothing but a shop or 2 and a house to call your own. You slowly gain both financial and political power and can become the mayor of a city as well as a powerhouse tycoon.

If you're into this kind of game I recommend at least The Guild 2 Platinum $7.98. Otherwise you can get The Guild Complete, which includes the first game of the series for $10.20. They're on sale for the next 5 days.

The Guild 2 Platinum - $7.98
Buy on GamersGate
The Guild Complete - $10.20
Buy on GamersGate

Stay tuned tomorrow for Steams midweek madness sales. We'll see if there's anything interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment