Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Drunken Gamer Journal: Gears of War 2

Gears of War 2 is a fantastic game, however, it's ones of those games where, if I'm playing it drunk, I think I'm gonna kick some ass, but I end up just chewing bubblegum. Now I'm not saying I'm the greatest player in the world, but I managed to get to level 60 by just playing horde mode....and I spent a good chunk of time during the extra experience weeks/weekends when I could just so I could level up faster. What I'm saying is, I know how to use a Lancer, just not when I'm drunk. Normally I can manage staying in the mediocre area, tying with my buddies on the kill count, but last night was an entirely different story. It's like I suddenly developed mental retardation from drunkenness during gameplay. I was managing 2 kills this wave, 3 the next, none on another....I think there were only a couple waves when I actually had a decent amount of kills. We were playing on Memorial, and we were holed up in an area suited for 2 people, 1 covering each side. However, we had 3, so one of my buddies, who enjoys sniping, took the middle. I was having a hard time keeping up with them, with most of the enemies being mid range, and I was trying to squeeze headshots with a Boltok pistol. Hell, I was trying to line up with one dude to kill him, and headshotted someone else entirely! But there came a point when both of my buddies died. There were 2 enemies left, both were a Cyclops, and they chainsawed em down. Then they started after me, in a roadie run. I knew what they were thinking....they were gonna chainsaw me. I managed to shoot both of them down with my Lancer in close range. That was my only awesome moment. Hell, we even managed to get me the "Am I Only Dreaming" achievement (Reach level 40 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 - 40 on the Memorial map in Horde). Don't get me wrong, I fucking love this game, I just don't do well while I'm intoxicated. Though I do wonder how I'll be with Gears of War 3 while I'm drunk..... September 20th can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment